Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 9


26 May 2009
Thanks Merilyn the diary you gave me sits beside me and I use it to jot down notes as we go along. I usually try to update this each day when we stop, Gerald check out where we may go tomorrow. We seem to go further that we plan but as we have been in this area before we only stop and look at what we missed before.

Anyway left our camp at about 10.30am. Bit chilly this morning and we found that we had no diesel in the heater, there must have been an air lock because the indicator said we were full. The landscape is very flat but there are heaps of wind farms. Anyway down into to Adelaide, now there are some hills, and out the other side to a car park at the back of the White Horse Hotel where I constructed a Red Wine Stew for the Dreampot

We were going to stay at Port Wakefield, stayed here before at a little motel on the highway. This time we drove in and looked about down to the wharf watched some boats come in.

Still early so we moved on and we say a train, so Gerald day was made. I liked the look of the Crystal Brook free camp it had a big tick in the book. Going into the Crystal Brook the train drew along side and I got the camera and the driver waved and gave us a toot. And of course the is now no free camp so we are in the caravan park $18 with power.

No comments:

Post a Comment