Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 69



Sheet washing and towels day today, the sheets were dry before I hang out the towels it's so hot.

More touristy things today. Out to where they cut and polish the Zebra rocks. They do have some wonderful colours and Gerald wanted to buy me one for my birthday. But there was nothing that I fancied and what was I going to do with it. I would rather have something more practical and I will know it when I find it.

Next was the Celebrity Tree Park where famous people have planted trees. It was lovely just walking round in the late afternoon and reading the plaques. The park is the place where all the water trips start or finish from.

In the park here there are so many permanents that live here. One couple had retired but arrived and went back to work, They had been here four years (found out that he works at Coles Liquor Mart, saw him there). Another couple said they will be here a year before they move on as they had spent five months overseas last year and had to save up. So there must be plenty of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment