Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 107



Today we packed some rolls and juice and headed down to the National Park for the day with Nola and Trevor. We went into Turquoise Bay where you go to The Drift and snorkel down the bay with the current, its suppose to be the best way, but it was blowing and no one was doing it so I didn't either. So we went into Turquoise Bay proper where it was a little bit calmer, not much though. I went in for a snorkel but I scared myself and couldn't get my breath and it was cold in the water, Nola and Trevor had a dip and them we moved on to another spot for lunch but unfortunately it was windy there too but we had our lunch. We went right down to Yardie Creek which is the last "free" camp on the list. I am glad we stayed where we were at the Lighthouse a lot of the camps we looked at had no grass or any trees for protection from the wind, but one was right on the beach and did have a great view of the water when you could see through the dust and sand blowing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment